GeoIceland Partner Service
Price: ISK 10.990
Children 7-15: 50% discount / Minimum age 3
Children 0-6: Free with adult
Duration: 3 hours
Departures: Daily - All year around.
• Whales in their Natural Environment
• Faxaflói Bay
• Educational & Interactive
Departure time: Between 9:00 and 20:30
Meeting point: Old Reykjavík City Center Harbor
Please be ready 15 minutes before departure
• Access to the Whale Watching Center
• Use of warm overalls
• Excellent guidance
• Wireless internet on board
• Warm overalls when needed
- It is always colder at sea than on land so wear good shoes and dress warmly with hat, scarf & gloves
- For optimal viewing and a more enjoyable cruise this tour is weather dependent
- We abide by a Code of Conduct for responsible whale watching. Thus each encounter is on the animals terms and distance may be kept to minimize disturbance
This Classical Whale Watching tour departs from the ticket office by the Ægisgarður pier in the Old Harbor in downtown Reykjavik. Where you exchange the voucher (can be on mobile) for booked trip. A guide will meet you in the Whale Watching Center, which is facilitated on board an old fishing vessel permanently placed by the pier. Before or after the Whale Watching trip you can enjoy the on board multimedia show that includes images, videos and facts about the whales and marine life.
The sighting success on previous trips is 91.40% however the cetacean abundance is unpredictable and varies with for example the food availability of our shores. The most common cetacean in the bay are Minke whales, White-beaked Dolphins and Harbor Porpoises and occasionally we see other species including Humpback whales, Killer whales/Orcas and even Fin whales.
Please note that for your enjoyment and pleasure, this tour is subject to weather, conditions and visibility. Therefore the tour could get cancelled on short notice. In this case we will contact you with as much notice as possible with the information provided in the booking process.
Our friends at Saga Travel offer wide range of other tours from Reykjavík and from Akureyri
Frequently Asked Questions
- During tour we break for refreshments at a restaurant or café
- Lunch or refreshments are not included in the tour price
- During tours we break for refreshments at a restaurant, café or supermarkets
If any different it is mentioned as “Note” in the tour details
- The gastronomic selection once you leave Reykjavik can be quite limited. So, even though the prices are the ones of fine dinning, don’t expect any fancy places or menus.
- Giving recommendations about food is always difficult, and we have got feedback on both ends of the scale. Food being very good, and food being expensive and bad.
- Iceland is a place with very unstable weather, so you can expect anything at any time.
- Bring your sunglasses and your raincoat everywhere.
- During the winter you may find icy walkways, so having a pair of ice-walkers is not a bad idea during the winter.
- All our tours are rather easy going with low difficulty level. Off course in additional activity the difficulty level goes up
Cancellation made by Customer
- All cancellations must be made by e-mail and confirmed by GeoIceland customer service.
- Cancellations made with more than 48 hours notice will receive full refund of the payment.
- Cancellations made between 48 to 24 hours prior to departure will be charged 50% of the total.
- Cancellations made within 24 hours prior to departure and “no-shows” will be charged 100% of the total.
Cancellation made by GeoIceland
- If a tour is canceled due to situations beyond our control or because of minimum numbers not being reached, you will be notified and receive a full refund.
- All cancellation are made by e-mail
Shore Excursions Cancellation - Cruse Ships not reaching harbor
- The above cancellation policy does not apply if the ship does not make it to the harbor. In case of the ship not reaching the pier, you’ll receive a full 100% refund.
- We require full payment at the time of the booking.
- We accept all major credit cards with the exception of American Express and Dinners.
- We offer free pickup at official city Pick-up location which are near all accommodations on the Reykjavik Area.
- The pickup starts 30 minutes before all the tour departures and goes on until departure time. So please be ready no later than 30 minutes before departure time.
- We also pickup by the cruise ship terminal.
- All of our staff are experienced driver-guides, in possession of all necessary licenses to transport passengers in Iceland.
- We put lots of effort on having good guides. We see them as a source of information and we focus on their human value
Vehicles for scheduled Day Tours
- Our scheduled tours are operated by comfortable Mercedes Benz Sprinter mini buses or similar with easy step on/off accessibility.
- Maximum number of passengers is 19 persons but the groups are usually between 14 to 19 persons.
- Climate control and double glassing. No steamy windows.
- Microphone audio system for the guide.
- Large panorama windows.
- 3 point safety belts.
- During Winter time we always equip our vehicles with first class tires that provide most safety possible
Vehicles for Private Tours
- When a Private Tour has been booked the right guide and vehicle is selected based on need and customers request.
- For individuals and smallest groups: Comfort Vehicles like Mercedes Benz V-Class, Toyota Land Cruiser or similar
- For groups up to 19 persons: Mercedes Benz Sprinter or similar
- For Super Jeep Tours: Modified Land Cruiser, Nissan Patrol, Land Rover or similar with at least 38″ super tires.
- All tours operated by GeoIceland are Small Group Guarantee
- We firmly believe that the best way to experience Icelandic nature, is on your own terms, at your own pace with rich flexibility.
- Our guests should be able to enjoy their time without being hurried, or waiting on fellow travelers.
- Thus we have 19 person or less as maximum on all our day tours
GeoIceland Partners Service
- Here on our website we also offer number of tours from other tour operators that we have selected based on trust and quality.
- All those tours are labeled “GeoIceland Partner Service”.
- Some of thous tours are not Small Groups Guarantee, like whale watching.