Optional Extra Activity: Glacier Walk, Snowmobile or ATV Quad Bike
ISK 179.900 1-4 Persons – Comfort Vehicle
ISK 184.900 5-7 Persons – Comfort Vehicle
ISK 189.900 8-19 Persons – Mini Bus
Duration: 10-11 hours
Departures: Daily upon request – All year around.
• Seljalandsfoss Waterfall
• Skógafoss Waterfall
• Glacier and Ocean view
• Reynisfjara Black Beach
• Vík Village
• Dyrhólaey, Puffin colony during season
• Note: If Extra Activity is booked we will miss some highlights
Pick up: At 9:00 or by request
Meeting point: Your hotel or by request
• Fully Guided Private Tour
• Guiding in English or by request
• Transport according to booking
• During tour we break for refreshments at a restaurant or café
• Refreshments are not included in Tour Price
• Reservation is necessary
• Due to weather or road conditions we might have to alter the itinerary, have longer journey time or cancellation
The South Coast Private Tour is for everyone, whether you are young or old. We select a vehicle fitting for you and your group. For 1-7 Passengers we operate on a Mercedes Benz V-Class or similar, for larger groups we use our Mercedes Benz Mini Buses.
Driving south on Highway 1, we’ll introduce you to the geology, history and folklore of Iceland, while we stop at the magnificent waterfalls of Seljalandsfoss and Skógafoss. You will also see, depending on the conditions, Iceland’s newest star, the Eyjafjallajökull volcano, that erupted in 2010.
Following the coastline, we’ll take a detour to a beautiful black sand beach called Reynisfjara. There we can get close to basaltic rock pillars, enjoy the view of a group of sea stacks, and witness the power of the sea. Puffins also nest in this area during the summer.
Another site of the South Coast is the small town of Vik, where we’ll take the lunch stop (now we also have another option for lunch at Reynisfjara, so depending on weather, timing, and amount of people, we might have lunch by the black sand beack at Reynisfjara). The gastronomic selection once outside Reykjavik is the one of a sparsely populated country like Iceland, where the fuel stations are the blood line. Don’t expect fancy restaurants.
After the breath-taking beauty of Reynisfjara’s coastal scenery, we’ll head out towards the glacier Sólheimajökull, one of the outlet tongues of the ice cap Myrdalsjökull. We’ll walk right up to the glacier’s edge, and get to touch it. If in luck, we might even find an ice-cave.
During the winter, we may find icy conditions on the areas we visit, and the weather may be extremely windy and cold. Ice walkers can be useful, and warm clothing recommended.
Please make on-line booking at least 2 hours prior to the departure.
For late bookings call: +354 558 8899
We work with small groups, usually 19 people maximum, so dates tend to get fully booked rather early. Booking in advance allows us to organize the departures, so please, book in advance when possible.
We go on the same vehicle to the glacier, where some stay to take the Glacier Walk or the Snowmobiling, and the rest goes on with the regular South Coast tour. After lunch, the group gets reunited again at the glacier. So your group can divide between all three tours, while spending most of the day together.
Frequently Asked Questions
- During tour we break for refreshments at a restaurant or café
- Lunch or refreshments are not included in the tour price
- During tours we break for refreshments at a restaurant, café or supermarkets
If any different it is mentioned as “Note” in the tour details
- The gastronomic selection once you leave Reykjavik can be quite limited. So, even though the prices are the ones of fine dinning, don’t expect any fancy places or menus.
- Giving recommendations about food is always difficult, and we have got feedback on both ends of the scale. Food being very good, and food being expensive and bad.
- Iceland is a place with very unstable weather, so you can expect anything at any time.
- Bring your sunglasses and your raincoat everywhere.
- During the winter you may find icy walkways, so having a pair of ice-walkers is not a bad idea during the winter.
- All our tours are rather easy going with low difficulty level. Off course in additional activity the difficulty level goes up
Cancellation made by Customer
- All cancellations must be made by e-mail and confirmed by GeoIceland customer service.
- Cancellations made with more than 24 hours notice will receive full refund of the payment.
- Cancellations made within 24 hours prior to departure and “no-shows” will be charged 100% of the total.
Cancellation made by GeoIceland
- If a tour is canceled due to situations beyond our control or because of minimum numbers not being reached, you will be notified and receive a full refund.
- All cancellation are made by e-mail
Shore Excursions Cancellation – Cruse Ships not reaching harbor
- The above cancellation policy does not apply if the ship does not make it to the harbor. In case of the ship not reaching the pier, you’ll receive a full 100% refund.
- We require full payment at the time of the booking.
- We accept all major credit cards with the exception of American Express and Dinners.
- We offer free pickup at official city Pick-up location which are near all accommodations on the Reykjavik Area.
- The pickup starts 30 minutes before all the tour departures and goes on until departure time. So please be ready no later than 30 minutes before departure time.
- We also pickup by the cruise ship terminal.
- All of our staff are experienced driver-guides, in possession of all necessary licenses to transport passengers in Iceland.
- We put lots of effort on having good guides. We see them as a source of information and we focus on their human value
Vehicles for scheduled Day Tours
- Our scheduled tours are operated by comfortable Mercedes Benz Sprinter mini buses or similar with easy step on/off accessibility.
- Maximum number of passengers is 19 persons but the groups are usually between 14 to 19 persons.
- Climate control and double glassing. No steamy windows.
- Microphone audio system for the guide.
- Large panorama windows.
- 3 point safety belts.
- During Winter time we always equip our vehicles with first class tires that provide most safety possible
Vehicles for Private Tours
- When a Private Tour has been booked the right guide and vehicle is selected based on need and customers request.
- For individuals and smallest groups: Comfort Vehicles like Mercedes Benz V-Class, Toyota Land Cruiser or similar
- For groups up to 19 persons: Mercedes Benz Sprinter or similar
- For Super Jeep Tours: Modified Land Cruiser, Nissan Patrol, Land Rover or similar with at least 38″ super tires.
- All tours operated by GeoIceland are Small Group Guarantee
- We firmly believe that the best way to experience Icelandic nature, is on your own terms, at your own pace with rich flexibility.
- Our guests should be able to enjoy their time without being hurried, or waiting on fellow travelers.
- Thus we have 19 person or less as maximum on all our day tours
GeoIceland Partners Service
- Here on our website we also offer number of tours from other tour operators that we have selected based on trust and quality.
- All those tours are labeled “GeoIceland Partner Service”.
- Some of thous tours are not Small Groups Guarantee, like whale watching.