Price: ISK 19.900
Children 10-12: ISK 13.900 / Minimum age 10
Duration: 10-11 hours
Departures: Daily – All year around.
• Seljalandsfoss Waterfall
• Skógafoss Waterfall
• Glacier Walk at Sólheimajökull Glacier
• Total walking time is 2-3 hours. 1 hour on Glacier
Pick up: Between 8:30 and 9:00 in Reykjavik City area
Meeting point: Free pick up at official city pick up locations
Starts 08:30 and might take up to 30 minutes
Please be ready 08:30 so tour can depart at right time
• Fully Guided Tour – English Speaking
• Transport by Comfortable Mini Bus
• Helmet, crampons, ice axe and other safety equipment
• Please bring warm, waterproof clothing & good walking shoes
• Refreshments area available at activity sight
• Refreshments are not included in Tour Price
• Reservation is necessary
• Due to weather or road conditions we might have to alter the itinerary, have longer journey time or cancellation
In this tour we will take you to the Sólheimajökull glacier on the south coast of Iceland. It is only about 2 hours drive from Reykjavík, and on the way to the glacier we will visit the magnificent waterfalls of Seljalandsfoss and Skógafoss.
The Sólheimajökull glacier is an outlet tongue of the fourth largest glacier in Iceland, Mýrdalsjökull. At the glacier we’ll enjoy the raw and stunning landscape created by the ice, with crevasses, ridges, occasional ice caves, and a whole arrange of ice shapes.
The glacier walk does not require special skills other than being able to walk on an uneven surface. The tour can be enjoyed by people of all levels in good health. All the safety equipment needed for the ice is provided, and after a lesson in ice walking, we will head onto the glacier to experience this unique environment. (Minimum age requirement: 10 years)
During the winter, we may find icy conditions on the areas we visit, and the weather may be extremely windy and cold. Ice walkers can be useful, and warm clothing recommended.
Please make on-line booking at least 2 hours prior to the departure. Please note that availability to the Glacier walk is subject to a partner service operator. If the tour is sold out, it is still possible to join the regular South Coast tour or the snowmobiling version.For late bookings or further information call +354 558 8899.
We work with small groups, usually 19 people maximum, so dates tend to get fully booked rather early. Booking in advance allows us to organize the departures, so please, book in advance when possible.
Please NOTE. This tour can be combined with the South Coast tour and with the South Coast and Snowmobiling tour. We go on the same vehicle to the glacier, where some stay to take the Glacier Walk or the Snowmobiling ride, and the rest goes on with the regular South Coast. After lunch, the group reunites again at the glacier. That means that a large groups or a family can split at the glacier, with some doing the activities, and some going on with the regular South Coast tour.
South Coast & Glacier Walk route
Frequently Asked Questions
- During tour we break for refreshments at a restaurant or café
- Lunch or refreshments are not included in the tour price
- During tours we break for refreshments at a restaurant, café or supermarkets
If any different it is mentioned as “Note” in the tour details
- The gastronomic selection once you leave Reykjavik can be quite limited. So, even though the prices are the ones of fine dinning, don’t expect any fancy places or menus.
- Giving recommendations about food is always difficult, and we have got feedback on both ends of the scale. Food being very good, and food being expensive and bad.
- Iceland is a place with very unstable weather, so you can expect anything at any time.
- Bring your sunglasses and your raincoat everywhere.
- During the winter you may find icy walkways, so having a pair of ice-walkers is not a bad idea during the winter.
- All our tours are rather easy going with low difficulty level. Off course in additional activity the difficulty level goes up
Cancellation made by Customer
- All cancellations must be made by e-mail and confirmed by GeoIceland customer service.
- Cancellations made with more than 48 hours notice will receive full refund of the payment.
- Cancellations made between 48 to 24 hours prior to departure will be charged 50% of the total.
- Cancellations made within 24 hours prior to departure and “no-shows” will be charged 100% of the total.
Cancellation made by GeoIceland
- If a tour is canceled due to situations beyond our control or because of minimum numbers not being reached, you will be notified and receive a full refund.
- All cancellation are made by e-mail
Shore Excursions Cancellation – Cruse Ships not reaching harbor
- The above cancellation policy does not apply if the ship does not make it to the harbor. In case of the ship not reaching the pier, you’ll receive a full 100% refund.
- We require full payment at the time of the booking.
- We accept all major credit cards with the exception of American Express and Dinners.
- We offer free pickup at official city Pick-up location which are near all accommodations on the Reykjavik Area.
- The pickup starts 30 minutes before all the tour departures and goes on until departure time. So please be ready no later than 30 minutes before departure time.
- We also pickup by the cruise ship terminal.
- All of our staff are experienced driver-guides, in possession of all necessary licenses to transport passengers in Iceland.
- We put lots of effort on having good guides. We see them as a source of information and we focus on their human value
Vehicles for scheduled Day Tours
- Our scheduled tours are operated by comfortable Mercedes Benz Sprinter mini buses or similar with easy step on/off accessibility.
- Maximum number of passengers is 19 persons but the groups are usually between 14 to 19 persons.
- Climate control and double glassing. No steamy windows.
- Microphone audio system for the guide.
- Large panorama windows.
- 3 point safety belts.
- During Winter time we always equip our vehicles with first class tires that provide most safety possible
Vehicles for Private Tours
- When a Private Tour has been booked the right guide and vehicle is selected based on need and customers request.
- For individuals and smallest groups: Comfort Vehicles like Mercedes Benz V-Class, Toyota Land Cruiser or similar
- For groups up to 19 persons: Mercedes Benz Sprinter or similar
- For Super Jeep Tours: Modified Land Cruiser, Nissan Patrol, Land Rover or similar with at least 38″ super tires.
- All tours operated by GeoIceland are Small Group Guarantee
- We firmly believe that the best way to experience Icelandic nature, is on your own terms, at your own pace with rich flexibility.
- Our guests should be able to enjoy their time without being hurried, or waiting on fellow travelers.
- Thus we have 19 person or less as maximum on all our day tours
GeoIceland Partners Service
- Here on our website we also offer number of tours from other tour operators that we have selected based on trust and quality.
- All those tours are labeled “GeoIceland Partner Service”.
- Some of thous tours are not Small Groups Guarantee, like whale watching.