GeoIceland Partner Service
Price: ISK 9.900
Children 8-15: 50% discount / Minimum age 8
Duration: 3-4 hours
Departures: Daily 1st Sep – 15th Apr.
• Dark Icelandic Winter Night
• Northern Lights Hunting
• Star Bright Sky
Pick up: Between 21:00 and 21:30 in Reykjavik City area
Meeting point: Free pick up at official city pick up locations
Starts 21:00 and might take up to 30 minutes
Please be ready 21:00 so tour can depart at right time
• Fully Guided Tour – English Speaking
• Transport by Comfortable Mini Bus
Northern Lights Complimentary
If your Tour Guide confirms that no lights were seen we offer a complimentary tour, on the following departure. Please contact our sales team the day after your tour via email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +354 558 8899 to confirm a seat on the next available departure. Be sure to contact before 15:00 so we can reserve your seat.
- Changes to itinerary or cancellation are notified only via email
- The lights are a natural phenomenon and beyond our control. They are visible in Iceland from September through April but visibility is subject to light activity and cloud coverage
- We cannot guarantee sightings even if the tour is operated
- In case of no sighting of the Northern Lights we offer our customers a complimentary second departure on the following evening or next operated departure. Confirmed reservation is necessary for the complimentary tour
- Due to weather or road conditions we might have to alter the itinerary, have longer journey time or cancellation
- Reservation is necessary
On the Northern Lights Mini Bus Tour from Reykjavík we focus on finding the perfect location to witness the magic of the Northern Lights and the dark arctic sky. We go in small groups and our guests get enough time to enjoy the show. To go into the dark, frozen winter night and observe an unbelievable display of color, light and texture, is like waking up in a fairy-tale, full of mystery and magic. We pick you up at your Hotel or Guesthouse and drive out to the countryside or up to the mountains, away from electric glow and city sounds. You will be able to enjoy the beautiful night sky at the best possible situation, of course depending on weather.
The Northern Lights, or the Aurora Borealis, are a natural phenomenon visible in the Northern Hemisphere. A unique display of light caused by a particle collision in the magnetic field of the polar cap.
Please make online booking at least 1 hour prior to the departure.
For late bookings call: +354 558 8899
We work with small groups, so dates tend to get fully booked rather early. Booking in advance allows us to organize the departures, so please, book in advance when possible.
During the winter, we may find icy conditions on the areas we visit, and the weather may be extremely windy and cold. Ice crampons can be useful, and warm clothing recommended.
Frequently Asked Questions
- During tour we break for refreshments at a restaurant or café
- Lunch or refreshments are not included in the tour price
- During tours we break for refreshments at a restaurant, café or supermarkets
If any different it is mentioned as “Note” in the tour details
- The gastronomic selection once you leave Reykjavik can be quite limited. So, even though the prices are the ones of fine dinning, don’t expect any fancy places or menus.
- Giving recommendations about food is always difficult, and we have got feedback on both ends of the scale. Food being very good, and food being expensive and bad.
- Iceland is a place with very unstable weather, so you can expect anything at any time.
- Bring your sunglasses and your raincoat everywhere.
- During the winter you may find icy walkways, so having a pair of ice-walkers is not a bad idea during the winter.
- All our tours are rather easy going with low difficulty level. Off course in additional activity the difficulty level goes up
Cancellation made by Customer
- All cancellations must be made by e-mail and confirmed by GeoIceland customer service.
- Cancellations made with more than 48 hours notice will receive full refund of the payment.
- Cancellations made between 48 to 24 hours prior to departure will be charged 50% of the total.
- Cancellations made within 24 hours prior to departure and “no-shows” will be charged 100% of the total.
Cancellation made by GeoIceland
- If a tour is canceled due to situations beyond our control or because of minimum numbers not being reached, you will be notified and receive a full refund.
- All cancellation are made by e-mail
Shore Excursions Cancellation – Cruse Ships not reaching harbor
- The above cancellation policy does not apply if the ship does not make it to the harbor. In case of the ship not reaching the pier, you’ll receive a full 100% refund.
- We require full payment at the time of the booking.
- We accept all major credit cards with the exception of American Express and Dinners.
- We offer free pickup at official city Pick-up location which are near all accommodations on the Reykjavik Area.
- The pickup starts 30 minutes before all the tour departures and goes on until departure time. So please be ready no later than 30 minutes before departure time.
- We also pickup by the cruise ship terminal.
- All of our staff are experienced driver-guides, in possession of all necessary licenses to transport passengers in Iceland.
- We put lots of effort on having good guides. We see them as a source of information and we focus on their human value
Vehicles for scheduled Day Tours
- Our scheduled tours are operated by comfortable Mercedes Benz Sprinter mini buses or similar with easy step on/off accessibility.
- Maximum number of passengers is 19 persons but the groups are usually between 14 to 19 persons.
- Climate control and double glassing. No steamy windows.
- Microphone audio system for the guide.
- Large panorama windows.
- 3 point safety belts.
- During Winter time we always equip our vehicles with first class tires that provide most safety possible
Vehicles for Private Tours
- When a Private Tour has been booked the right guide and vehicle is selected based on need and customers request.
- For individuals and smallest groups: Comfort Vehicles like Mercedes Benz V-Class, Toyota Land Cruiser or similar
- For groups up to 19 persons: Mercedes Benz Sprinter or similar
- For Super Jeep Tours: Modified Land Cruiser, Nissan Patrol, Land Rover or similar with at least 38″ super tires.
- All tours operated by GeoIceland are Small Group Guarantee
- We firmly believe that the best way to experience Icelandic nature, is on your own terms, at your own pace with rich flexibility.
- Our guests should be able to enjoy their time without being hurried, or waiting on fellow travelers.
- Thus we have 19 person or less as maximum on all our day tours
GeoIceland Partners Service
- Here on our website we also offer number of tours from other tour operators that we have selected based on trust and quality.
- All those tours are labeled “GeoIceland Partner Service”.
- Some of thous tours are not Small Groups Guarantee, like whale watching.