Price: ISK 10.900 – Free Pickup Included
Children 3-12: 50% discount / Minimum age 3
Duration: 3-5 hours
Departures: Daily 25th Aug – 15th Apr.
• Introduction to the Northern Lights at Aurora Reykjavik Museum, including a short photography lesson
• Northern Lights Hunting with a professional guide
• Stargazing under the Arctic Night Sky
• Small Group experience no more than 3 small buses travel together.
Camera rental at Aurora Reykjavik Museum
You can rent a DSLR camera and tripod for your Northern Light hunt at Aurora Reykjavik Museum. Bring your own SD card or buy it at the Museum. Please email email@example.com for further information.
Pick up: Between 20:00 and 20:30 in Reykjavik City area
Aurora Reykjavik Museum, Grandagarður 2, 101 Reykjavík
• Fully Guided Tour – English Speaking
• Transport by Comfortable Mini Bus
• Entrance Fee for Aurora Reykjavik Museum (1.600 ISK)
• Hot Chocolate & Treats during the Tour
• Free Pickup / Dropoff in Reykjavik City
Northern Lights Complimentary
If your Tour Guide confirms that no lights were seen we offer a complimentary retry tour with us. Please contact our sales team the day after your tour via email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +354 825 8886 to confirm a seat on the next available departure. Be sure to contact before 15:00 so we can reserve your seat.
- Changes to itinerary or cancellation are notified only via email, so be careful to use a functional email and follow it on departure day
- The lights are a natural phenomenon and beyond our control. They are visible in Iceland from late August through April but visibility is subject to light activity and cloud coverage
- We cannot guarantee sightings even if the tour is operated
- In case of no sighting of the Northern Lights we offer our customers a complimentary second departure on a Northern Lights Bus Tour
- Due to weather or road conditions we might have to alter the itinerary, have longer journey time or cancellation
- Reservation is necessary
- Please note that we might travel in a pack with other mini buses from our company if more than one car is booked. The reason for this is that in winter time we often have bad road conditions and there is safety in numbers. This also allows for smoother operation on our hot coco and donuts service and assistance with photography.
On the Northern Lights Horizon Mini Bus Tour from Reykjavík we focus on finding the perfect location to witness the magic of the Northern Lights and the dark arctic sky. We go in small groups and our guests get enough time to enjoy the show. To go into the dark, frozen winter night and observe an unbelievable display of color, light and texture, is like waking up in a fairy-tale, full of mystery and magic. We pick you up at your Hotel or Guesthouse, or meet you at the fantastic Aurora Reykjavik Museum. We begin our Northern Lights hunt with a tour through the museum and give you an introduction on the physics behind the Northern Lights and how it is best to photograph them. After the tour of the museum we drive out to the countryside or up to the mountains, away from electric glow and city sounds. You will be able to enjoy the beautiful night sky at the best possible situation, of course depending on weather.
The Northern Lights, or the Aurora Borealis, are a natural phenomenon visible in the Northern Hemisphere. A unique display of light caused by a particle collision in the magnetic field of the polar cap.
Please make online booking at least 1 hour prior to the departure.
For late bookings call: +354 825 8886
We work with small groups, so dates tend to get fully booked rather early. Booking in advance allows us to organize the departures, so please, book in advance when possible.
During the winter, we may find icy conditions on the areas we visit, and the weather may be extremely windy and cold. Ice crampons can be useful, and warm clothing recommended.
Frequently Asked Questions
- During tour we break for refreshments at a restaurant or café
- Lunch or refreshments are not included in the tour price
- During tours we break for refreshments at a restaurant, café or supermarkets
If any different it is mentioned as “Note” in the tour details
- The gastronomic selection once you leave Reykjavik can be quite limited. So, even though the prices are the ones of fine dinning, don’t expect any fancy places or menus.
- Giving recommendations about food is always difficult, and we have got feedback on both ends of the scale. Food being very good, and food being expensive and bad.
- Iceland is a place with very unstable weather, so you can expect anything at any time.
- Bring your sunglasses and your raincoat everywhere.
- During the winter you may find icy walkways, so having a pair of ice-walkers is not a bad idea during the winter.
- All our tours are rather easy going with low difficulty level. Off course in additional activity the difficulty level goes up
Cancellation made by Customer
- All cancellations must be made by e-mail and confirmed by GeoIceland customer service.
- Cancellations made with more than 24 hours notice will receive full refund of the payment.
- Cancellations made within 24 hours prior to departure and “no-shows” will be charged 100% of the total.
Cancellation made by GeoIceland
- If a tour is canceled due to situations beyond our control or because of minimum numbers not being reached, you will be notified and receive a full refund.
- All cancellation are made by e-mail
Shore Excursions Cancellation – Cruse Ships not reaching harbor
- The above cancellation policy does not apply if the ship does not make it to the harbor. In case of the ship not reaching the pier, you’ll receive a full 100% refund.
- We require full payment at the time of the booking.
- We accept all major credit cards with the exception of American Express and Dinners.
- We offer free pickup at official city Pick-up location which are near all accommodations on the Reykjavik Area.
- The pickup starts 30 minutes before all the tour departures and goes on until departure time. So please be ready no later than 30 minutes before departure time.
- We also pickup by the cruise ship terminal.
- All of our staff are experienced driver-guides, in possession of all necessary licenses to transport passengers in Iceland.
- We put lots of effort on having good guides. We see them as a source of information and we focus on their human value
Vehicles for scheduled Day Tours
- Our scheduled tours are operated by comfortable Mercedes Benz Sprinter mini buses or similar with easy step on/off accessibility.
- Maximum number of passengers is 19 persons but the groups are usually between 14 to 19 persons.
- Climate control and double glassing. No steamy windows.
- Microphone audio system for the guide.
- Large panorama windows.
- 3 point safety belts.
- During Winter time we always equip our vehicles with first class tires that provide most safety possible
Vehicles for Private Tours
- When a Private Tour has been booked the right guide and vehicle is selected based on need and customers request.
- For individuals and smallest groups: Comfort Vehicles like Mercedes Benz V-Class, Toyota Land Cruiser or similar
- For groups up to 19 persons: Mercedes Benz Sprinter or similar
- For Super Jeep Tours: Modified Land Cruiser, Nissan Patrol, Land Rover or similar with at least 38″ super tires.
- All tours operated by GeoIceland are Small Group Guarantee
- We firmly believe that the best way to experience Icelandic nature, is on your own terms, at your own pace with rich flexibility.
- Our guests should be able to enjoy their time without being hurried, or waiting on fellow travelers.
- Thus we have 19 person or less as maximum on all our day tours
GeoIceland Partners Service
- Here on our website we also offer number of tours from other tour operators that we have selected based on trust and quality.
- All those tours are labeled “GeoIceland Partner Service”.
- Some of thous tours are not Small Groups Guarantee, like whale watching.