With round flight Reykjavik-Akureyri-Reykjavik
Price from: ISK 49.900
Children 0-12: 50% discount
Duration: 11 hours
Weekdays @ 07:10 - All year around
Saturdays @ 08:30 - From Nov to May
• Scenic flight across Iceland
• Goðafoss Waterfall
• Lake Myvatn (Short Photo Stops)
• Ludentsborgir Crater Row
• Lava field hike
• Lofthellir Ice Cave
Departure time: 7:10 flight from Reykjavik City Airport
Meeting point: Reykjavík City Airport - Not KEF - Please be at the city center airport 45 minutes before departure time
• Round flight Reykjavík - Akureyri - Reykjavik 2×35 min
• Airport pick-up and drop-off in Akureyri
• Fully Guided Tour - English Speaking
• Transport by Comfortable Mini Bus
• Cave exploration equipment; helmet, headlight and studded boots
• Transfer to and from Reykjavík Airport
• During tour we break for refreshments at a restaurant or café
• Refreshments are not included in Tour Price
• Reservation is necessary
• Due to weather or road conditions we might have to alter the itinerary, have longer journey time or cancellation
Take the early morning flight from Reykjavík Domestic Airport to Akureyri where you’ll be met by our guide for Lofthellir Ice Cave tour. Please arrive at the Reykjavík Airport 45 minutes before departure.
Pickup is from 8:45-9:00 am at Akureyri Domestic Airport, where we start our tour to Lake Mývatn.
Winter Departure at 62.900,- ISK per person
Our friends at Saga Travel offer wide range of other tours from Reykjavík and from Akureyri
Frequently Asked Questions
- During tour we break for refreshments at a restaurant or café
- Lunch or refreshments are not included in the tour price
- During tours we break for refreshments at a restaurant, café or supermarkets
If any different it is mentioned as “Note” in the tour details
- The gastronomic selection once you leave Reykjavik can be quite limited. So, even though the prices are the ones of fine dinning, don’t expect any fancy places or menus.
- Giving recommendations about food is always difficult, and we have got feedback on both ends of the scale. Food being very good, and food being expensive and bad.
- Iceland is a place with very unstable weather, so you can expect anything at any time.
- Bring your sunglasses and your raincoat everywhere.
- During the winter you may find icy walkways, so having a pair of ice-walkers is not a bad idea during the winter.
- All our tours are rather easy going with low difficulty level. Off course in additional activity the difficulty level goes up
Cancellation made by Customer
- All cancellations must be made by e-mail and confirmed by GeoIceland customer service.
- Cancellations made with more than 24 hours notice will receive full refund of the payment.
- Cancellations made within 24 hours prior to departure and “no-shows” will be charged 100% of the total.
Cancellation made by GeoIceland
- If a tour is canceled due to situations beyond our control or because of minimum numbers not being reached, you will be notified and receive a full refund.
- All cancellation are made by e-mail
Shore Excursions Cancellation - Cruse Ships not reaching harbor
- The above cancellation policy does not apply if the ship does not make it to the harbor. In case of the ship not reaching the pier, you’ll receive a full 100% refund.
- We require full payment at the time of the booking.
- We accept all major credit cards with the exception of American Express and Dinners.
- We offer free pickup at official city Pick-up location which are near all accommodations on the Reykjavik Area.
- The pickup starts 30 minutes before all the tour departures and goes on until departure time. So please be ready no later than 30 minutes before departure time.
- We also pickup by the cruise ship terminal.
- All of our staff are experienced driver-guides, in possession of all necessary licenses to transport passengers in Iceland.
- We put lots of effort on having good guides. We see them as a source of information and we focus on their human value
Vehicles for scheduled Day Tours
- Our scheduled tours are operated by comfortable Mercedes Benz Sprinter mini buses or similar with easy step on/off accessibility.
- Maximum number of passengers is 19 persons but the groups are usually between 14 to 19 persons.
- Climate control and double glassing. No steamy windows.
- Microphone audio system for the guide.
- Large panorama windows.
- 3 point safety belts.
- During Winter time we always equip our vehicles with first class tires that provide most safety possible
Vehicles for Private Tours
- When a Private Tour has been booked the right guide and vehicle is selected based on need and customers request.
- For individuals and smallest groups: Comfort Vehicles like Mercedes Benz V-Class, Toyota Land Cruiser or similar
- For groups up to 19 persons: Mercedes Benz Sprinter or similar
- For Super Jeep Tours: Modified Land Cruiser, Nissan Patrol, Land Rover or similar with at least 38″ super tires.
- All tours operated by GeoIceland are Small Group Guarantee
- We firmly believe that the best way to experience Icelandic nature, is on your own terms, at your own pace with rich flexibility.
- Our guests should be able to enjoy their time without being hurried, or waiting on fellow travelers.
- Thus we have 19 person or less as maximum on all our day tours
GeoIceland Partners Service
- Here on our website we also offer number of tours from other tour operators that we have selected based on trust and quality.
- All those tours are labeled “GeoIceland Partner Service”.
- Some of thous tours are not Small Groups Guarantee, like whale watching.