ISK 154.900 1-4 Persons - Comfort Vehicle
ISK 159.900 5-7 Persons - Comfort Vehicle
ISK 169.900 13-19 Persons - Mini Bus
Duration: 8-9 hours
Departures: Daily upon request – All year around.
• Þingvellir National Park
• The Rift Between the Eurasian and American Continents
• Geysir Hot Spring Area
• Gullfoss Waterfall
• Kerið Crater
Pick up: At 9:00 or by request
Meeting point: Your hotel or by request
• Fully Guided Private Tour
• Guiding in English or by request
• Transport according to booking
• During tour we break for refreshments at a restaurant or café
• Refreshments are not included in Tour Price
• Reservation is necessary
• Due to weather or road conditions we might have to alter the itinerary, have longer journey time or cancellation
The Golden Circle Private Tour is for everyone, whether you are young or old. We select a vehicle fitting for you and your group. For 1-7 Passengers we operate on a Mercedes Benz V-Class or similar vehicles, for larger groups we use our Mercedes Benz Mini Buses.
On this trip you can experience the highlights of Iceland. We drive along glacial rivers and beautiful landscapes, on our way to three jewels of the Icelandic crown, the Gullfoss waterfall, the Þingvellir National Park, and the Geysir hot spring area. Your trip to Iceland won’t be completed without a visit to those sites.
At Þingvellir we’ll encounter the birth place of the Icelandic nation, as well as the site of the first viking parliament or Althingi in the year of 930, the oldest still existing parliament in the world. Þingvellir is also one of the spots where we can appreciate more clearly the forces shaping our planet as the tectonic plates spread apart creating new crust.
Another of the visits during the Golden Circle is Gullfoss Waterfall. It is not the largest waterfall in Iceland, nor the tallest, but it’s, without a doubt, one of the prettiest, and that’s a lot for a country with as many waterfalls as Iceland. Not a coincidence that its name translates as the Golden Waterfall.
And Geysir’s reputation precedes “him”, the gusher that gave name to the phenomenon doesn’t need much introduction. His neighbor, Strokkur, will blow steam high in the air every 5 to 10 minutes for our delight.
We will also take a short stop at the town of Hveragerdi, where we’ll find a small exhibition about a 6,3-6,6 earthquake that took place in the town in 2008.
The waterfall at Faxi is also part of the tour. Smaller than Gullfoss, but very beautiful on the morning light. Conditions allowing it, we’ll also try to stop on the way to admire some of the famously friendly icelandic horses.
Please make online booking at least 2 days prior to the departure.
For late bookings call: +354 558 8899
During the winter, we may find icy conditions on the areas we visit, and the weather may be extremely windy and cold. Ice crampons can be useful, and warm clothing recommended.
Frequently Asked Questions
- During tour we break for refreshments at a restaurant or café
- Lunch or refreshments are not included in the tour price
- During tours we break for refreshments at a restaurant, café or supermarkets
If any different it is mentioned as “Note” in the tour details
- The gastronomic selection once you leave Reykjavik can be quite limited. So, even though the prices are the ones of fine dinning, don’t expect any fancy places or menus.
- Giving recommendations about food is always difficult, and we have got feedback on both ends of the scale. Food being very good, and food being expensive and bad.
- Iceland is a place with very unstable weather, so you can expect anything at any time.
- Bring your sunglasses and your raincoat everywhere.
- During the winter you may find icy walkways, so having a pair of ice-walkers is not a bad idea during the winter.
- All our tours are rather easy going with low difficulty level. Off course in additional activity the difficulty level goes up
Cancellation made by Customer
- All cancellations must be made by e-mail and confirmed by GeoIceland customer service.
- Cancellations made with more than 48 hours notice will receive full refund of the payment.
- Cancellations made between 48 to 24 hours prior to departure will be charged 50% of the total.
- Cancellations made within 24 hours prior to departure and “no-shows” will be charged 100% of the total.
Cancellation made by GeoIceland
- If a tour is canceled due to situations beyond our control or because of minimum numbers not being reached, you will be notified and receive a full refund.
- All cancellation are made by e-mail
Shore Excursions Cancellation - Cruse Ships not reaching harbor
- The above cancellation policy does not apply if the ship does not make it to the harbor. In case of the ship not reaching the pier, you’ll receive a full 100% refund.
- We require full payment at the time of the booking.
- We accept all major credit cards with the exception of American Express and Dinners.
- We offer free pickup at official city Pick-up location which are near all accommodations on the Reykjavik Area.
- The pickup starts 30 minutes before all the tour departures and goes on until departure time. So please be ready no later than 30 minutes before departure time.
- We also pickup by the cruise ship terminal.
- All of our staff are experienced driver-guides, in possession of all necessary licenses to transport passengers in Iceland.
- We put lots of effort on having good guides. We see them as a source of information and we focus on their human value
Vehicles for scheduled Day Tours
- Our scheduled tours are operated by comfortable Mercedes Benz Sprinter mini buses or similar with easy step on/off accessibility.
- Maximum number of passengers is 19 persons but the groups are usually between 14 to 19 persons.
- Climate control and double glassing. No steamy windows.
- Microphone audio system for the guide.
- Large panorama windows.
- 3 point safety belts.
- During Winter time we always equip our vehicles with first class tires that provide most safety possible
Vehicles for Private Tours
- When a Private Tour has been booked the right guide and vehicle is selected based on need and customers request.
- For individuals and smallest groups: Comfort Vehicles like Mercedes Benz V-Class, Toyota Land Cruiser or similar
- For groups up to 19 persons: Mercedes Benz Sprinter or similar
- For Super Jeep Tours: Modified Land Cruiser, Nissan Patrol, Land Rover or similar with at least 38″ super tires.
- All tours operated by GeoIceland are Small Group Guarantee
- We firmly believe that the best way to experience Icelandic nature, is on your own terms, at your own pace with rich flexibility.
- Our guests should be able to enjoy their time without being hurried, or waiting on fellow travelers.
- Thus we have 19 person or less as maximum on all our day tours
GeoIceland Partners Service
- Here on our website we also offer number of tours from other tour operators that we have selected based on trust and quality.
- All those tours are labeled “GeoIceland Partner Service”.
- Some of thous tours are not Small Groups Guarantee, like whale watching.