Price: ISK 8.990
Children 3-12: 50% discount / Minimum age 3
Duration: 6 hours
Departures: Daily – All year around.
• Small Group Tour Guarantee
• Þingvellir National Park
• Geysir Hot Spring Area
• Gullfoss Waterfall
Pick up: Between 10:30 and 11:00 in Reykjavik City area
Meeting point: Free pick up at official city pick up locations
Starts 10:30 and might take up to 30 minutes
Please be ready 10:30 so tour can depart at right time
• Fully Guided Tour – English Speaking
• Transport by Comfortable Mini Bus
• During tour we break for refreshments at a restaurant or café
• Refreshments are not included in Tour Price
• Reservation is necessary
• Due to weather or road conditions we might have to alter the itinerary, have longer journey time or cancellation
The Golden Circle Essentials Small Group tour is a new way to enjoy the most popular destination in Iceland
The Golden Circle Essentials is a small group experience is a great option for all that wants a personal touch and a hassle-free pick up and drops off. We stop Geysir Geothermal Area, Thingvellir National Park and Gullfoss Waterfall. You get enough time on each stop to enjoy these popular attractions, before heading back to Reykjavik, with arrival around 5pm. Additional stops might be added, if we have time, but the focus is on these three highlights.
The tour starts with a free pick up in Reykjavik City Area at 10:30am. You are picked up by your guide for the day, so no need to switch vehicles. The tour then departs the city and drives to Thingvellir National Park, our first stop of the day. Thingvellir National Park is the site of our first parliament and also the fantastic site to explore the continental rift between the tectonic plates. After good stop there the guide will take you towards Geysir Geothermal Area, where you will have change to explore an active geyser and boiling geothermal pools. The group will then either have a short lunch stop at the area. The last stop is by Gullfoss Waterfall, one of Iceland’s true natural gems. A powerful and picturesque waterfall where the water from Hvítá River falls down 32m in two drops. Our guides sometime visit Gullfoss before Geysir, based on season and personal preferences, then having a lunch stop at Gullfoss.
The tour ends with a relaxing and scenic drive back to Reykjavik around 5pm. Please note that sometime time schedule can change due to weather or other reasons.
This tour is perfect for those out late the night before searching for northern lights, and want to have an extra couple of hours of rest. Also perfect for those arriving to Iceland in the morning and want to make the best of each day during the visit in Iceland.
Please make online booking at least 2 hours prior to the departure.
For late bookings call: +354 558 8899
We travel in small groups, with maximum 19 persons, so dates tend to get fully booked rather early. Booking in advance allows us to organize the departures, so please, book in advance when possible.
During the winter, we may find icy conditions on the areas we visit, and the weather may be extremely windy and cold. Ice crampons can be useful and warm clothing recommended.
Golden Circle Route
Frequently Asked Questions
- During tour we break for refreshments at a restaurant or café
- Lunch or refreshments are not included in the tour price
- During tours we break for refreshments at a restaurant, café or supermarkets
If any different it is mentioned as “Note” in the tour details
- The gastronomic selection once you leave Reykjavik can be quite limited. So, even though the prices are the ones of fine dinning, don’t expect any fancy places or menus.
- Giving recommendations about food is always difficult, and we have got feedback on both ends of the scale. Food being very good, and food being expensive and bad.
- Iceland is a place with very unstable weather, so you can expect anything at any time.
- Bring your sunglasses and your raincoat everywhere.
- During the winter you may find icy walkways, so having a pair of ice-walkers is not a bad idea during the winter.
- All our tours are rather easy going with low difficulty level. Off course in additional activity the difficulty level goes up
Cancellation made by Customer
- All cancellations must be made by e-mail and confirmed by GeoIceland customer service.
- Cancellations made with more than 48 hours notice will receive full refund of the payment.
- Cancellations made between 48 to 24 hours prior to departure will be charged 50% of the total.
- Cancellations made within 24 hours prior to departure and “no-shows” will be charged 100% of the total.
Cancellation made by GeoIceland
- If a tour is canceled due to situations beyond our control or because of minimum numbers not being reached, you will be notified and receive a full refund.
- All cancellation are made by e-mail
Shore Excursions Cancellation – Cruse Ships not reaching harbor
- The above cancellation policy does not apply if the ship does not make it to the harbor. In case of the ship not reaching the pier, you’ll receive a full 100% refund.
- We require full payment at the time of the booking.
- We accept all major credit cards with the exception of American Express and Dinners.
- We offer free pickup at official city Pick-up location which are near all accommodations on the Reykjavik Area.
- The pickup starts 30 minutes before all the tour departures and goes on until departure time. So please be ready no later than 30 minutes before departure time.
- We also pickup by the cruise ship terminal.
- All of our staff are experienced driver-guides, in possession of all necessary licenses to transport passengers in Iceland.
- We put lots of effort on having good guides. We see them as a source of information and we focus on their human value
Vehicles for scheduled Day Tours
- Our scheduled tours are operated by comfortable Mercedes Benz Sprinter mini buses or similar with easy step on/off accessibility.
- Maximum number of passengers is 19 persons but the groups are usually between 14 to 19 persons.
- Climate control and double glassing. No steamy windows.
- Microphone audio system for the guide.
- Large panorama windows.
- 3 point safety belts.
- During Winter time we always equip our vehicles with first class tires that provide most safety possible
Vehicles for Private Tours
- When a Private Tour has been booked the right guide and vehicle is selected based on need and customers request.
- For individuals and smallest groups: Comfort Vehicles like Mercedes Benz V-Class, Toyota Land Cruiser or similar
- For groups up to 19 persons: Mercedes Benz Sprinter or similar
- For Super Jeep Tours: Modified Land Cruiser, Nissan Patrol, Land Rover or similar with at least 38″ super tires.
- All tours operated by GeoIceland are Small Group Guarantee
- We firmly believe that the best way to experience Icelandic nature, is on your own terms, at your own pace with rich flexibility.
- Our guests should be able to enjoy their time without being hurried, or waiting on fellow travelers.
- Thus we have 19 person or less as maximum on all our day tours
GeoIceland Partners Service
- Here on our website we also offer number of tours from other tour operators that we have selected based on trust and quality.
- All those tours are labeled “GeoIceland Partner Service”.
- Some of thous tours are not Small Groups Guarantee, like whale watching.